Homespun Quilted Belt
Homespun quilted fabric belt made from 4" homespun quilt squares. Very quick assembly and super easy for beginners!
- Trim 4" homespun squares to measure 3" x 4". Trim as many as you anticipate you will need. In the photos above, 13 squares were used to make a youth size 12/14 belt.
- Cut batting 1.5-2 inches smaller than your quilt squares.
- Center batting on one square. Top with another square to make a "sandwich".
- Stitch through all layers from corner to corner to form an X. (see photos below)
- All back stitching to secure the seams must be done 5/8" from all edges. Otherwise the back stitching will be lost when the homespun "frays".
- Stitch the squares together with a 5/8" seam, end to end. Back stitch often and make these seams VERY secure. Stitch 5/8" from the edges all the way around the length of the belt.
- Clip the seams allowances and edges 1/2" deep and 1/2" apart being very careful to not clip into the stitching.
- Fold one end square over two D rings and stitch well.
- Machine wash on cold using detergent and liquid fabric softener. (optional) Shake before drying to remove loose strings.
- Embellish if desired with rhinestones or buttons.